- Glad to announce that ONGC Petro Additions Limited (OPAL) – a Multi-Billion Dollar Petrochemical Project based out of Dahej SEZ, recently appointed us as their Del Credere Agents/Channel Partners.
- The chemicals, petrochemicals and plastics industry has grown around 12% this year, defying all claims of a slowdown in the economy post the demonetization drive. Over the next three years, this sector is likely to achieve 15% growth.
- Kem One and Chemplast Sanmar have signed an agreement to establish Kem One Chemplast, a 50:50 joint venture to manufacture chlorinated polyvinyl chloride. The new facility, for which approvals are in the process of being obtained, will come up at a coastal location at Karaikal, Puducherry.
- The Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers has proposed slashing potash subsidies by 17% in the next financial year to reduce the fiscal deficit, a move that would hit demand in one of the world’s largest importers of the fertilizer.
- Japanese Flavors and Fragrances Firm Takasag, recently opened a new manufacturing and R & D facility at Chennai with a manufacturing capacity in excess of 10,000 tones per annum, is part of the company’s aggressive expansion plans in India.
- ONGC Petro Additions Ltd.(OPAL) a Joint Venture promoted by ONGC, GAIL & GSPC has begun exports to Singapore and intends to float a tender soon for exporting more products to other countries..
Indian Textile & Clothing industry to set to grow substantially in the coming years. The growth will be driven by strong expansion of the domestic market as well as higher exports, aided by Government incentives and support policies.
There are opportunities for Commodity and Specialty Chemicals in the Paints & Coatings Industry. While petroleum-based products and chemistry will continue to be a mainstay for paints & coatings, there are niche opportunities opening up for use of ‘greener’ options in several ways the Indian paints and coatings industries will continue to be an important driver of growth for the Chemical Industry.
The Global Sulphuric Acid market to grow at CAGR of 2.6% between 2015 and 2023.
- Shri Amitabh Kant, CEO, NITI Aayog said that the living tradition of diverse and healthy Indian food has a huge economic potential and will attract large scale investments as well as create more job opportunities.